A powerful drink that is definitely a drink to sip and savour. Ideal for watching the sunset and quietly chilling – enjoy the serenity
- 50ml of Twelve and a Half Acres The Commodore – Navy Strength Gin
- 25ml of Dry Vermouth
- Handful of ice cubes
- 5ml olive brine for a dirty martini, and a few olives on a cocktail stick, or a twist of lemon for traditional
- Put a martini glass in a fridge to chill for 10 mins.
- Pour the gin, vermouth and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 5-10 seconds …not too long.
- Strain the martini into the glass. I also add an ice cube as well as I like to chill and dilute the martini a bit more.
- I like my martinis dirty – that’s with some olive brine – the juice from the jar holding the olives. Put three olives on a stick and rest on the top of the glass.
- Alternatively put a twist of lemon peel in the martini for a slight lemon flavour.